Ely club starts World Inner Wheel Day
- Credit: Archant
The city club’s members held a friendship tea at the home of Joy Hockey, vice president, and informally reaffirmed the aims of Inner Wheel. A new member was also welcomed/.
The National Association President’s Charity for the year is BEAT (Beating eating disorders) and Julia Drake, one of Beat’s young Ambassadors, was invited to the gathering. She spoke about the work of BEAT and how she had received their help, initially online and then in person.
Julia was very forthcoming on her battle with depression and anorexia and answered numerous questions.
Club president Mary Rone gave Julia a cheque for BEAT and the monies raised from the tea and raffle will also go to this very worthwhile charity.
The usual monthly meeting will be on Wednesday (January 25) when the speaker will be John Wade, “My life as an Optometrist”
You may also want to watch:
If you would like any further information on Ely Inner Wheel or would like to come along to a meeting please contact: 01353 667944.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens