Ely Women's Institute president retires after six years of service
- Credit: RUTH SINDALL
The president of the Ely City Women's Institute group has retired after six years of service.
Sarah Mascall was thanked for her great leadership at the December meeting.
She was commended especially for leading during the last two years of the pandemic, when people were unable to meet face to face.
After a shortened business and refreshment time, the evening continued with a Christmas quiz as well as stories, poems and readings.
Ann was the visitor and Sarah provided craft items for everyone to make a special present tag.
Sarah has been succeeded by Sheila Willson and the committee looks forward to working with her.
Earlier in the month, on Monday December 6, The Isle of Ely Federation celebrated their centenary with a carol service in Ely Cathedral.
- 1 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 2 Mara is Ely Standard Pet of the Year - voted for by you
- 3 Murder trial hears of 'appalling catalogue of injuries' suffered by baby
- 4 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 5 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 6 A14 closed after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 7 Ely City WI share 'exciting projects' for 2022
- 8 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 9 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 10 Relief for clinical Soham as four-month winless run is over
Refreshments in the Lady Chapel were served by members of the Ely City Women's Institute group.