Ely City Hockey Club’s pitch fund gets another big boost thanks to A L Lee Farming
- Credit: Archant
Ely City Hockey Club is well on its way to securing funding for a new pitch.
The surface at the club’s Downham Road base has become worn and tattered after almost 25 years of constant use – but now over £50,000 has been raised towards a replacement.
The club and this newspaper kick-started a fundraising campaign in February and since then members of the public and local businesses have come forward with generous donations – including the latest, a £5,000 boost from A L Lee Farming in Ely.
It follows sums from G’s Fresh, St Mary’s Pharmacy and Red Shoes Accounting of Littleport, as well as over £2,000 raised from the club’s annual hockey tournament held last month.
Ely will also be the beneficiaries of the local branch of The White Stuff’s community chest.
You may also want to watch:
• The club is to run a stall at the G’s Fresh Open Farming Sunday on June 10. There will be a pop-up pitch and sticks available for anyone wanting to try their hand at the sport. For more information, call Julia Gilbert on 01353 610503.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review