Ely City Forum says retailer welcome packs and health checks have been success - with more initiatives to follow
- Credit: Archant
Retailer welcome packs and city centre health checks are two initiatives that have helped strengthen Ely this year, according to the City Forum.
At a recent forum meeting, businesses, traders, councillors and council officers discussed progress made over the last six months.
While noting the success of the recent work, the group also looked at future ways of developing the city centre further.
This included potentially creating a brand for shopping in Ely, developing a shopping and entertainment guide as well as creating city wide promotions.
These ideas will be progressed over the next couple of months ahead of the next Forum meeting in the New Year.
Forum chairman Councillor Lis Every, the mayor of Ely, said: “It has been wonderful to see how by talking, listening and trusting each other, we have developed some amazing ideas such as the welcome pack and independent day campaigns – each has helped new and existing businesses.
“The success we have experienced is just the beginning. We are determined not to sit on our laurels – Ely is too special a city for that.
- 1 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 2 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 3 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 4 Baby murder trial hears mother joked tot self-harmed
- 5 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 6 Man subjected to 'unprovoked attack' at village pavilion
- 7 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 8 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 9 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 10 Poet, Jo, shares poem in memory of sister to mark World Cancer Day
“This is why we are exploring ways of promoting Ely to the region and the country highlighting the great offers we have – from free car parking to wonderful independent shops.”