Ely Cinema launches £42k fund-raising appeal to Go Digital
- Credit: Archant
ELY Cinema has launched a £42,000 appeal to Go Digital to buy new projection equipment and ensure its long-term future.
The cinema, based at the Maltings, is run by arts charity ADeC with the help of volunteers and part-time professional projection and duty manager staff.
Caroline Cawley, from ADeC, said: “With fast moving changes within the film industry, the move from 35mm to digital is speeding up.
“To ensure our long-term future Ely Cinema needs to Go Digital, so we are raising funds to purchase and install digital equipment within the Maltings.
“We already screen a wide variety of films: blockbusters, foreign language, art house, family films and classics.
“Going digital will allow us to show more locally produced, alternative content films and live screenings as well as allowing us to get recent releases more quickly.”
Caroline says ADeC is looking for funding from businesses, individuals and grants.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 4 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 5 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 6 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 7 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 8 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 9 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 10 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
She said: “Throughout the whole of 2013 and early 2014 we will also be organising special events and screenings to help the fund. ADeC has already committed £5,000 from its own development fund and we have already raised an additional £1,000 to put in the pot.”
Offers of help have already been made by volunteers and supporters and donations can be made by cinema goers when they purchase tickets.
Caroline said: “We would love to hear from anyone who can help us to reach our target.”
To support the campaign, donation details and further information are available on the ADeC website. www.adec.org.uk
Alternatively, contact Caroline on 01353 616994 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org