Ely Cinema launches £42k fund-raising appeal to Go Digital
- Credit: Archant
ELY Cinema has launched a £42,000 appeal to Go Digital to buy new projection equipment and ensure its long-term future.
The cinema, based at the Maltings, is run by arts charity ADeC with the help of volunteers and part-time professional projection and duty manager staff.
Caroline Cawley, from ADeC, said: “With fast moving changes within the film industry, the move from 35mm to digital is speeding up.
“To ensure our long-term future Ely Cinema needs to Go Digital, so we are raising funds to purchase and install digital equipment within the Maltings.
“We already screen a wide variety of films: blockbusters, foreign language, art house, family films and classics.
You may also want to watch:
“Going digital will allow us to show more locally produced, alternative content films and live screenings as well as allowing us to get recent releases more quickly.”
Caroline says ADeC is looking for funding from businesses, individuals and grants.
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 3 Lockdown easing - 10 pubs and restaurants say welcome back
- 4 Residents 'horrified' by Swastika graffiti in grounds of Ely Cathedral
- 5 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 6 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 7 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 8 Littleport marks Royal British Legion centenary year with moving ceremony
- 9 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 10 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest
She said: “Throughout the whole of 2013 and early 2014 we will also be organising special events and screenings to help the fund. ADeC has already committed £5,000 from its own development fund and we have already raised an additional £1,000 to put in the pot.”
Offers of help have already been made by volunteers and supporters and donations can be made by cinema goers when they purchase tickets.
Caroline said: “We would love to hear from anyone who can help us to reach our target.”
To support the campaign, donation details and further information are available on the ADeC website. www.adec.org.uk
Alternatively, contact Caroline on 01353 616994 or e-mail email@example.com