Members of New Connexions Free Church in High Barns, Ely, come together to celebrate ninth birthday
- Credit: Archant
Members of New Connexions in High Barns, Ely, celebrated nine years as a church family on Sunday.
Joanna Waters, of the free church, said: “Our celebrations began by enjoying a church service of praise, prayer and teaching.
“Keith, our pastor, completed our studies of the Book of Colossians and focused on chapter four, verses five and six.
“We then enjoyed a time of chatting and fellowship in the sunshine.
“The younger and fitter members of the church played football whilst others were challenged by quizzes and crosswords.
You may also want to watch:
“The barbecue of burgers and sausages was delicious and enjoyed by all. It was great to welcome new faces and old friends to share in the fun.
“We also tucked in to some lovely birthday cake baked by Joyce and Vicki.”
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 7 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
New Connexions church services are held each Sunday at 10.30am in the theatre at St Mary’s School, High Barns.
On Sunday October 8, there will be a Harvest Festival including a family service.
On other Sundays children and young people are welcomed into Sunday clubs to enjoy learning more about Jesus.