Members of New Connexions Free Church in High Barns, Ely, come together to celebrate ninth birthday
- Credit: Archant
Members of New Connexions in High Barns, Ely, celebrated nine years as a church family on Sunday.
Joanna Waters, of the free church, said: “Our celebrations began by enjoying a church service of praise, prayer and teaching.
“Keith, our pastor, completed our studies of the Book of Colossians and focused on chapter four, verses five and six.
“We then enjoyed a time of chatting and fellowship in the sunshine.
“The younger and fitter members of the church played football whilst others were challenged by quizzes and crosswords.
“The barbecue of burgers and sausages was delicious and enjoyed by all. It was great to welcome new faces and old friends to share in the fun.
“We also tucked in to some lovely birthday cake baked by Joyce and Vicki.”
- 1 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Missing woman back home
- 4 Petition launched to save village pub
- 5 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
New Connexions church services are held each Sunday at 10.30am in the theatre at St Mary’s School, High Barns.
On Sunday October 8, there will be a Harvest Festival including a family service.
On other Sundays children and young people are welcomed into Sunday clubs to enjoy learning more about Jesus.