Christmas markets in Ely give shoppers a chance to get in the festive mood
- Credit: Archant
Vibrant seasonal flavours, artisan gifts and new ideas come to Ely market in the run up to Christmas.
There will be extra markets throughout December offering a chance to shop for the best local produce and gifts, and get in the festive mood with live music and street food.
First up are the festive lates, which take place on the first three Wednesdays in December.
Come along from 4-8.30pm to enjoy delicious street food, live music and discover gifts from local artisans and producers.
“Our Festive Lates are a wonderful way to kick off Christmas,” says Julia Davis of Ely Markets. “This is your chance to take a breather from the hectic festive season.
“Our special late-night markets have gifts you won’t find in the big stores, plus delicious street food and live music. Sip some mulled wine under the twinkly lights in the Market Place and get in the mood for Christmas!”
In the week before Christmas Day, Ely Markets will be hosting extra daytime events.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 3 Police take a tough stance as begging crackdown continues
- 4 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 5 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 6 Ely Heroes winner, Alison, attends royal garden party after three-year wait
- 7 ‘Wonderful’ Thanksgiving Evensong as Archdeacon steps down from role after 17 years
- 8 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 9 Latino 'feeling' comes together for South American venue on launch night
- 10 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday there will be mini-markets selling festive food, gifts and flowers.
This is followed by the Charter Market on Thursday 20 and a special extra Christmas market on Friday December 21.
At the weekend, the farmers’ market and the regular Saturday craft, food and vintage market will be bigger than ever.
Sunday’s market is the perfect time to finish your last-minute shopping.
“Our week of festive markets is very special” says Julia Davis. “It’s our chance to show you what we do best.
“Great quality produce and gifts at the best prices. We’ll have everything from local meat, vegetables and fruit to slippers, hats and handbags.
“You can park for free and come home with loads of fresh produce, thoughtful gifts and a wreath for your front door. Don’t forget to bring our own bags!”
All the dates you need:
•Ely festive lates: Wednesday 5, 12, 19, 4-8:30pm.
• Vegan Christmas fair: Sunday 16, 10am-4pm.
• Christmas mini markets: Monday 17, Tuesday 18, Wednesday 19, 10am-3pm.
• Last charter market before Christmas: Thursday 20, 8.30am-3.30pm.
• Special Christmas market: Friday 21, 8.30am-3.30pm.
• Farmers market and craft, food and vintage market: Saturday 22, 8.30am-3.30pm.
• Last market before Christmas: Sunday 23, 10am-4pm.