Ely Christmas lights switch-on: What’s happening and where?
- Credit: Archant
There are just days to go until Ely’s big Christmas lights switch-on on December 1 – and here’s all you need to know about when and where all the entertainment takes place.
From 2pm, local radio station Zack FM will be broadcasting from the Market Place before the fairground rides and market stalls on Fore Hill open at 3pm.
The Market Place stalls will open at 3.30pm, before Mickey and Minnie Mouse and Frozen’s Olaf will be meeting children from 4pm onwards.
Half-an-hour later, Father Christmas will begin his journey through the city centre accompanied by KD Theatre’s cast of Beauty and the Beast and the event’s live acts will take to the stage.
Santa’s grotto opens its doors at 5pm and at Steve the Juggler will wow crowds with his skills from 5.45pm before the big switch-on at 6.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
Entertainment will continue until 8.30pm. For more information, visit www.elylightswitchon.webs.com.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 8 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody