Ely Christmas lights set for ‘biggest headline act’ yet
- Credit: Richard Marsham
The organiser of this year’s Ely Christmas lights switch-on has promised a headline act bigger and better than ever before…and it’s definitely not Jedward!
Ian Newstead said the act has sold millions of records and is known worldwide for one particular single.
He will not be revealing the act just yet, however, because previous years have seen rumours and leaks cause near-pandemonium in the city, particularly when it was rumoured that Jedward were set to appear.
The act will headline the switch-on event, set to take place from 4.30pm on November 29, alongside dozens of national and local acts including X Factor stars and a fire-juggler.
Last year, Britain’s Got Talent trio the Loveable Rogues took to the stage in front of 6,000 people and a similar turnout is expected for this year’s event.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Newstead said: “The headline act has sold millions of albums and one of the songs is a global hit so im really looking forward to it. I’m told it is going to be the biggest act we have ever had.”
Coach company Greys of Ely has been confirmed as the main sponsor for the event, but Mr Newstead says another three of four sponsors are desperately needed to make sure the event is as good as it has been in previous years.
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 4 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 5 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 8 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 9 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 10 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
To get involved, contact Mr Newstead on 07725 070734.