Ely Choral Society and Ribe Kammerkor team up for concert at Ely Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
Ely Ribe Association really had something to sing about when Ely Choral Society, under musical director Andrew Parnell, joined voices with the Ribe Kammerkor for a concert at Ely Cathedral.
With music by Britten, Gade, Mendelssohn, Schubert and Rutte, there were also organ solos in the Lady Chapel by John Wyatt and Lotte Bille Glaese, the Kammerkor musical director.
Roger Hill, chairman of Ely Choral Society, exchanged gifts with Peter Brun, the chairman of the Kammerkor and Howard McMillan, chairman of the Ribe Association made a presentation to the two musical directors.
The Ely-Ribe Association brings together residents of Ely and the surrounding area who are interested in furthering the twinning links with Ribe.
Members meet around four times a year for social gatherings in Ely, and have the opportunity to participate in official twinning visits, either as hosts in Ely or guests in Ribe.
You may also want to watch:
In the last year the association welcomed a group of language students from Ribe to Ely, and sponsored an exhibition by Danish artist Anders Hjuler in the Babylon Gallery.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound