Ely childminder “optimistic” Take That singer Gary Barlow will appear at 50th birthday after Twitter message
- Credit: Archant
A childminder from Ely has tweeted Gary Barlow almost 5,000 times in a bid to get him to come to her 50th birthday party ... and her persistence may have paid off.
Since last April, Sue Smith, 49, has sent the Take That singer 4,702 tweets asking him to appear at her birthday party, which will be held at Ely Golf Club on July 14.
Last week, the mother of two, who often goes to Take That concerts with her 14 year-old daughter Lara, was stunned to see Barlow had sent her a private message on Twitter which said: “Sue, you’re a one off! Love it! See u soon xxx.”
Although he hasn’t confirmed he will be going to the party, Mrs Smith says she is ‘optimistic’ he is planning to perform for her.
She said: ‘I couldn’t believe it when I received the private message.
You may also want to watch:
“Okay he hasn’t confirmed anything but the fact he’s said he’ll see me soon leaves me feeling optimistic.
“The thought of meeting him, even if it isn’t on the night of my party, makes me feel sick with this nervous excitement. My stomach literally churns.”
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment