Charity shop ‘urgently appealing’ for volunteers after reopening
- Credit: Google Maps
A charity shop desperate for volunteers is “urgently appealing” for more help after reopening following the coronavirus crisis.
Age UK, located on Ely’s High Street, is looking for extra helping hands as part of Volunteer’s Week 2021 which runs from June 1 to June 7.
Ann-Marie, manager, said: “We know that coronavirus has bought about many challenges for our volunteers and this has sadly left us with a reduced number.
“We are reliant on the support and time given to us by volunteers and we are urgently appealing to people in Ely and the surrounding area to join our team and help out by volunteering in the shop.
“We also know that many people may now be affected by new challenges from either redundancy or furlough and we offer a range of volunteering opportunities to those who may be impacted.
You may also want to watch:
“We can offer taster sessions for those looking to get a flavour of what’s involved.
“So, if you’re looking to develop new skills or simply make new friends, please give the Age UK Ely shop a call on 01353 662602.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Catering wars as converted horsebox trailer takes on National Trust
- 3 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 5 Palmer's 'flagship' £100k homes will be council houses
- 6 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 7 Suspected building site burglars stopped in their tracks
- 8 Welcome to the Fens but can you guess which part?
- 9 Petition calls for more Cambs busways to be scrapped
- 10 Chilled out seal photographed relaxing on Cambs riverbank
“Even small amounts of time can really make a huge difference.”