Here’s the list of charities and groups that will benefit from the Ely potato race
- Credit: Archant
A list of those benefitting from the Ely potato race has been published.
Isle of Ely Produce, organisers of the annual race on the streets of Ely, announced the beneficiaries of the charity proceeds from the 2017 event and is appealing once again for runners for the 2018 race.
The race sees local farmers and businesses teaming up to see who can race up and down the high street the quickest whilst carrying 20kg of locally grown potatoes! It features a ladies cup and also children’s race too.
Last year’s races were started by Lucy Frazer MP for South East Cambs.
Event organiser Austen Dack said “We were inundated with requests for help from the £3,000 pot and together with the directors of IOE and city mayor we sat and discussed every application in detail before deciding on the winning causes.”
IOE Potato Race Charity donations 2017 were given to
Elysian Riding for Disabled
- 1 Take a look inside £600,000 period home with 'outstanding charm'
- 2 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 3 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 4 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 5 Santas learn how to put the Ho Ho Ho into Christmas
- 6 Cambridge 'knife-wielder' arrested
- 7 New deadline for £6m crematorium decision
- 8 £4.8m loan to transform office block into flats repaid
- 9 £1,350 a day (plus VAT) for new chief executive at combined authority
- 10 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
Isle of Ely Primary School PTA
Highfield Ely Academy
Ely Hockey Club
Holy Cross Church, Stuntney