Here’s the list of charities and groups that will benefit from the Ely potato race
- Credit: Archant
A list of those benefitting from the Ely potato race has been published.
Isle of Ely Produce, organisers of the annual race on the streets of Ely, announced the beneficiaries of the charity proceeds from the 2017 event and is appealing once again for runners for the 2018 race.
The race sees local farmers and businesses teaming up to see who can race up and down the high street the quickest whilst carrying 20kg of locally grown potatoes! It features a ladies cup and also children’s race too.
Last year’s races were started by Lucy Frazer MP for South East Cambs.
Event organiser Austen Dack said “We were inundated with requests for help from the £3,000 pot and together with the directors of IOE and city mayor we sat and discussed every application in detail before deciding on the winning causes.”
You may also want to watch:
IOE Potato Race Charity donations 2017 were given to
Elysian Riding for Disabled
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
Isle of Ely Primary School PTA
Highfield Ely Academy
Ely Hockey Club
Holy Cross Church, Stuntney