Here’s the list of charities and groups that will benefit from the Ely potato race
- Credit: Archant
A list of those benefitting from the Ely potato race has been published.
Isle of Ely Produce, organisers of the annual race on the streets of Ely, announced the beneficiaries of the charity proceeds from the 2017 event and is appealing once again for runners for the 2018 race.
The race sees local farmers and businesses teaming up to see who can race up and down the high street the quickest whilst carrying 20kg of locally grown potatoes! It features a ladies cup and also children’s race too.
Last year’s races were started by Lucy Frazer MP for South East Cambs.
Event organiser Austen Dack said “We were inundated with requests for help from the £3,000 pot and together with the directors of IOE and city mayor we sat and discussed every application in detail before deciding on the winning causes.”
You may also want to watch:
IOE Potato Race Charity donations 2017 were given to
Elysian Riding for Disabled
- 1 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 2 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 3 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 7 Student defies challenges of pandemic to achieve first class degree
- 8 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 9 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
- 10 Alcohol shoplifter threatened security staff with large blade
Isle of Ely Primary School PTA
Highfield Ely Academy
Ely Hockey Club
Holy Cross Church, Stuntney