Ely charity Little Miracles to install outdoor play area after receiving major boost from The Screwfix Foundation
- Credit: Archant
A charity which supports children with additional needs will install an outdoor play area after receiving a £2,500 boost.
Little Miracles, based in Ely, was awarded the funding by The Screwfix Foundation, which supports projects to improve facilities for those in need.
Justin Heron, of Little Miracles, said: “We are very grateful to The Screwfix Foundation for donating these much needed funds to support our charity.
“Little Miracles is a parent led support group and charity for families that have children with autism, additional needs, disabilities and life limiting conditions.
“The funding will allow us to install an outdoor play centre and storage for play equipment.
You may also want to watch:
“We’d like to thank everyone who was involved in the fundraising – it’s been a huge help to us and the families that we support.”
Ben Cole, store manager of the Screwfix store in Ely, said: “We’re really pleased that one of our local charities has been awarded funding by The Screwfix Foundation.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 7 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
“Staff from our store have been involved in a variety of fundraising events to raise vital funds for The Screwfix Foundation, so it’s fantastic to see the money we have raised being invested back into such a worthwhile community project.”
The next round of Screwfix funding will be awarded in early 2016. Projects from across Ely are invited to apply online for a share of the funding at screwfixfoundation.com.
For more information about The Screwfix Foundation, visit screwfixfoundation.com.
For more information on Little Miracles, go to www.littlemiraclescharity.org.