Ely charity Little Miracles to install outdoor play area after receiving major boost from The Screwfix Foundation
- Credit: Archant
A charity which supports children with additional needs will install an outdoor play area after receiving a £2,500 boost.
Little Miracles, based in Ely, was awarded the funding by The Screwfix Foundation, which supports projects to improve facilities for those in need.
Justin Heron, of Little Miracles, said: “We are very grateful to The Screwfix Foundation for donating these much needed funds to support our charity.
“Little Miracles is a parent led support group and charity for families that have children with autism, additional needs, disabilities and life limiting conditions.
“The funding will allow us to install an outdoor play centre and storage for play equipment.
You may also want to watch:
“We’d like to thank everyone who was involved in the fundraising – it’s been a huge help to us and the families that we support.”
Ben Cole, store manager of the Screwfix store in Ely, said: “We’re really pleased that one of our local charities has been awarded funding by The Screwfix Foundation.
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 4 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 8 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 9 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 10 Care home still 'requires improvement'
“Staff from our store have been involved in a variety of fundraising events to raise vital funds for The Screwfix Foundation, so it’s fantastic to see the money we have raised being invested back into such a worthwhile community project.”
The next round of Screwfix funding will be awarded in early 2016. Projects from across Ely are invited to apply online for a share of the funding at screwfixfoundation.com.
For more information about The Screwfix Foundation, visit screwfixfoundation.com.
For more information on Little Miracles, go to www.littlemiraclescharity.org.