Ely charity has a bumper festive season raising £3,000 in three weeks
- Credit: Archant
During the lead up to Christmas Ely-based charity Lisa’s Fund became very active throughout the county.
Founder Robert Barnes, who set up the fund in 2010 after losing his wife Lisa to stomach cancer said: “We travelled more this year as well as holding events in Ely we also held events in Fenstanton, Cambridge, Newmarket and Wilburton - finally finishing with KDs stunning performance of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs at the Maltings Ely.
“This year I would like to say a big thank you to three new fundraising venues for allowing Lisa’s Fund to raise much needed funds for The Arthur Rank Hospice charity. They are Tesco in Newmarket, Twenty Pence Garden Centre Wilburton also Dan Bell of KD productions.”
In the three and a half weeks leading up to Christmas Lisa’s Fund raised another £3,000 taking the charity’s total amount raise since it was launched to over £130,000.
The new Hospice at Shelford Bottom will be handed over on time in October this year, but the charity still wants to help.
You may also want to watch:
Robert said: “If anyone has any unwanted Christmas gifts for our tombolas, raffles or the famous Pink Wheelbarrow also foreign coins for us to convert into £ sterling please drop them off at Burrows Books in High Street Passage or Premier Travel in Fore Hill Ely.
“I would like to thank all the volunteers for giving up their time and the people of Cambridgeshire for giving so generously.”
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'