Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- Credit: ELY CATHEDRAL
The team at Ely Cathedral say the historic building was put forward to be used as a Covid-19 vaccination centre - but "a more preferable location" was chosen after an onsite assessment.
"As a large building in the centre of the community, we naturally put ourselves forward to be considered as a vaccination centre," said an Ely Cathedral spokesman.
"We are delighted to see that several of our fellow cathedrals are being used as Covid-19 vaccination centres.
"We had an onsite assessment in December but were later informed that a more preferable location had been chosen.
"While this was disappointing for the team at the Cathedral, we appreciate that other locations were better suited."
You may also want to watch:
Social media users have since shared their disappointment with one writing: "Such a shame not to use our beautiful cathedral."
Another said: "Gosh it would have been perfect, especially with all the amazing Covid-19 safety precautions that are already in place."
- 1 Traffic, noise and anti-social behaviour among objections to new youth centre
- 2 Delivery riders and drivers wanted as Deliveroo launches in Ely
- 3 Jail for violent man who repeatedly kicked his ex-girlfriend in the face
- 4 Pair praise hundreds in bid to find beloved Ziggy
- 5 East Cambs District Council is freezing council tax for eighth year in a row
- 6 Skydiving dad raises £1,623 for hospital that saved two-year-old daughter's life
- 7 Council told in 2019 Chatteris factory would close
- 8 Darts ace achieves his 'dream' after reaching world's elite
- 9 Man who waved machete in front of woman sentenced
- 10 Sex offender jailed for deleting internet browsing history