Ely Cathedral to host TV choir master Gareth Malone for grand final of Sing While You Work
- Credit: Archant
ELY Cathedral is set to host the final of popular BBC Two series The Choir: Sing While You Work.
Choir master Gareth Malone and the choristers of Ely Cathedral will join forces on September 27 for an evening of choral celebration to find out which of the three competing finalists will be crowned best workplace choir.
The event will be filmed and shown in the final episode of the series, which will air this autumn on BBC Two.
Gareth has been scouring the country to find the best workplace choir, spending months working with five organisations across Britain and putting their workforces through their musical paces.
They meet for their final contest performance in the magnificent setting of Ely Cathedral.
Other special guests include, Paul Mealor, composer to the royal family, international soprano Sarah Fox; and inspirational gospel quartet, Tessera.
There are limited tickets for the event which will give members of the public a unique opportunity to be part of the audience and be conducted by Gareth Malone in a mass sing.
- 1 Councils bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 2 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 5 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 8 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 1,800 enjoy free Christmas day out at Ely’s ‘hidden gem’
Tickets are priced at £15 and £10 and can be purchased from Ely Cathedral box office on 01353 660349 or online via www.elycathedral.org