Ely Cathedral to host TV choir master Gareth Malone for grand final of Sing While You Work
- Credit: Archant
ELY Cathedral is set to host the final of popular BBC Two series The Choir: Sing While You Work.
Choir master Gareth Malone and the choristers of Ely Cathedral will join forces on September 27 for an evening of choral celebration to find out which of the three competing finalists will be crowned best workplace choir.
The event will be filmed and shown in the final episode of the series, which will air this autumn on BBC Two.
Gareth has been scouring the country to find the best workplace choir, spending months working with five organisations across Britain and putting their workforces through their musical paces.
They meet for their final contest performance in the magnificent setting of Ely Cathedral.
You may also want to watch:
Other special guests include, Paul Mealor, composer to the royal family, international soprano Sarah Fox; and inspirational gospel quartet, Tessera.
There are limited tickets for the event which will give members of the public a unique opportunity to be part of the audience and be conducted by Gareth Malone in a mass sing.
- 1 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 2 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of assault
- 4 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 In 2,300 words rainbow alliance set out manifesto for change at Cambridgeshire County Council
- 7 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 8 Here’s what the post-lockdown pub experience will look like
- 9 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 10 Woman transforms lockdown 'art retreat' into her own business
Tickets are priced at £15 and £10 and can be purchased from Ely Cathedral box office on 01353 660349 or online via www.elycathedral.org