Ely Cathedral to host TV choir master Gareth Malone for grand final of Sing While You Work
- Credit: Archant
ELY Cathedral is set to host the final of popular BBC Two series The Choir: Sing While You Work.
Choir master Gareth Malone and the choristers of Ely Cathedral will join forces on September 27 for an evening of choral celebration to find out which of the three competing finalists will be crowned best workplace choir.
The event will be filmed and shown in the final episode of the series, which will air this autumn on BBC Two.
Gareth has been scouring the country to find the best workplace choir, spending months working with five organisations across Britain and putting their workforces through their musical paces.
They meet for their final contest performance in the magnificent setting of Ely Cathedral.
You may also want to watch:
Other special guests include, Paul Mealor, composer to the royal family, international soprano Sarah Fox; and inspirational gospel quartet, Tessera.
There are limited tickets for the event which will give members of the public a unique opportunity to be part of the audience and be conducted by Gareth Malone in a mass sing.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 5 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 6 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 7 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 8 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 9 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 10 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam
Tickets are priced at £15 and £10 and can be purchased from Ely Cathedral box office on 01353 660349 or online via www.elycathedral.org