Ely Cathedral to host TV choir master Gareth Malone for grand final of Sing While You Work
- Credit: Archant
ELY Cathedral is set to host the final of popular BBC Two series The Choir: Sing While You Work.
Choir master Gareth Malone and the choristers of Ely Cathedral will join forces on September 27 for an evening of choral celebration to find out which of the three competing finalists will be crowned best workplace choir.
The event will be filmed and shown in the final episode of the series, which will air this autumn on BBC Two.
Gareth has been scouring the country to find the best workplace choir, spending months working with five organisations across Britain and putting their workforces through their musical paces.
They meet for their final contest performance in the magnificent setting of Ely Cathedral.
You may also want to watch:
Other special guests include, Paul Mealor, composer to the royal family, international soprano Sarah Fox; and inspirational gospel quartet, Tessera.
There are limited tickets for the event which will give members of the public a unique opportunity to be part of the audience and be conducted by Gareth Malone in a mass sing.
- 1 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 2 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 3 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 4 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 5 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 6 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 7 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 8 Annual classic car show returns to Ely
- 9 Book tickets for brewery’s summer jazz party
- 10 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
Tickets are priced at £15 and £10 and can be purchased from Ely Cathedral box office on 01353 660349 or online via www.elycathedral.org