Ely Cathedral to host final concert of Isle of Ely Arts Festival 2017
- Credit: Archant
The final event in the 2017 Isle of Ely Arts Festival will be a performance of Beethoven’s 9th Symphony.
Ely Sinfonia and Ely Choral Society will be joined by Ely Consort for the concert, which takes place at Ely Cathedral on Saturday July 15.
“The concert combines Beethoven’s 9th with two pieces that brilliantly reflect the theme of this year’s arts festival, The Fens,” said Patricia Mathieson, of Ely Sinfonia.
“Ralph Vaughan-Williams’s In the Fen Country is perhaps one of the best known and most
evocative of all orchestral pieces dedicated to the area, and it is complemented by the world premiere of Fenland Images by local conductor and composer Andrew Parnell.”
You may also want to watch:
The concert will end with presentations to the winners of the arts fstival short story, poetry and photography competitions, whose work will be on display in the cathedral’s south transept.
Tickets; £5 to £25, are available from Ely Cathedral Box Office (01353 660349) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
The concert starts at 7.30pm.