Ely Cathedral and Museum of the Moon replica to feature on Songs of Praise
- Credit: Archant
Ely Cathedral and its spectacular Museum of the Moon exhibit will feature on Songs of Praise this Sunday (July 21).
The popular BBC religious programme visited the city last month to mark the 50th anniversary of the moon landing.
The artwork installation of a spherical replica of the moon by Luke Jerram, which was the centrepiece of the cathedral's recent space-themed exhibition, was filmed in its glory.
The film crew also visited St Mary's Church where presenter Sean Fletcher interviewed Professor John Morrill, an expert on British and Irish history.
He is also editor of a new edition of Oliver Cromwell's words and speeches.
You may also want to watch:
Ely's tourist office, next door to the church, was the Cromwell family home.
Actors playing Cromwell and his wife were filmed as Professor Morrill explained Cromwell's role in the history of Ireland.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 9 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
The show will air this Sunday at 12.45pm on BBC One.
It will also feature the story of how astronaut Buzz Aldrin took Holy Communion on the moon.