Ely Cathedral and Museum of the Moon replica to feature on Songs of Praise
- Credit: Archant
Ely Cathedral and its spectacular Museum of the Moon exhibit will feature on Songs of Praise this Sunday (July 21).
The popular BBC religious programme visited the city last month to mark the 50th anniversary of the moon landing.
The artwork installation of a spherical replica of the moon by Luke Jerram, which was the centrepiece of the cathedral's recent space-themed exhibition, was filmed in its glory.
The film crew also visited St Mary's Church where presenter Sean Fletcher interviewed Professor John Morrill, an expert on British and Irish history.
He is also editor of a new edition of Oliver Cromwell's words and speeches.
Ely's tourist office, next door to the church, was the Cromwell family home.
Actors playing Cromwell and his wife were filmed as Professor Morrill explained Cromwell's role in the history of Ireland.
- 1 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 2 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 3 Baby murder trial hears mother joked tot self-harmed
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Man subjected to 'unprovoked attack' at village pavilion
- 6 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 7 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 8 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 9 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 10 Poet, Jo, shares poem in memory of sister to mark World Cancer Day
The show will air this Sunday at 12.45pm on BBC One.
It will also feature the story of how astronaut Buzz Aldrin took Holy Communion on the moon.