Ely Cathedral’s choristers on tour as they board flight to Estonia
- Credit: Archant
Seventeen of Ely Cathedral’s boy choristers are set to perform a series of concerts in Estonia as the choir visits the country for the first time.
The boys – aged between nine and 13 – have five performances scheduled in venues across a number of cities including Tallinn, Haapsalu and Parnu.
For most of the boys, this is their first tour, but many of them are used to performing in front of large audiences at venues across the UK.
Paul Trepte, director of music at Ely Cathedral, said: “English choral music is highly regarded across the world and these tours enable us to bring choral music concerts to a global audience.
“It also gives the boys a great opportunity to perform in unusual venues and to spend some quality time together after a very busy and highly successful year”.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Trepte will be accompanying the boys on tour. He has been on various other choir tours, including America, Canada, Spain, Norway and France as well as performances in Rome, Vienna and Budapest.
He added: “Despite the rather gruelling schedule of rehearsals and performances, there is some time scheduled in for the choir to experience their surroundings with visits scheduled to a museum and water park.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'