Director of music at Ely Cathedral steps down after 10 years
- Credit: Archant
Ely Cathedral’s director of music is stepping down after three decades in the post.
Paul Trepte worked with Sarah MacDonald, director of Ely Cathedral Girls’ Choir, for the last time after nearly 10 years as ten of King’s Ely’s and Ely Cathedral’s newest probationer choristers were officially installed.
The Mothering Sunday Eucharist was part of the final weekend for Mr Trepte, who is being succeeded by Edmund Aldhouse.
The choristers were installed during the service at Ely Cathedral, which was also attended by three junior probationers.
A spokesman for the choir said: “Being a chorister at Ely Cathedral and King’s Ely includes singing Evensong, sharing life with the other choristers, being part of a group of boys and girls.
You may also want to watch:
“The choristers sing daily in Ely Cathedral, and all are educated at King’s Ely, receiving a scholarship which pays some of their fees. Boys join the cathedral choir in Years 3 to 5. Girls join in Years 7 to 9.”
Visit www.kingsely.org or www.elycathedral.org for more information.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut