Ely Cathedral is brilliant - it’s official
- Credit: Archant
Ely Cathedral has been presented with a certificate of excellence after being rated highly by visitors on Trip Advisor.
A justifiably proud post on Twitter says: “We’ve just received our certificate of excellence from TripAdvisor, based on the consistently great reviews we’ve earned. #LovElyCathedral.”
The certificate was presented after receiving a 4.5 out of 5 rating from more than 2,000 reviewers on the online site.
One visitor said: “Decided to go on a tour which was fabulous. The male tour guide was really knowledgeable and clearly knew so much detail. He made it so interesting. Excellent.”
Another visitor commented: “I ended up totally mesmerised by the beauty of this cathedral. It is one of the most peaceful and calming places I have ever had the pleasure of visiting.”
You may also want to watch:
Another said: “A wonderful spiritual place to visit. We spent a very enjoyable hour wandering around this beautiful old building, whilst the choir and the organist were practising for the evensong service making the experience even more memorable. Knowledgeable staff always around to answer any queries.”
One visitor said: “Fabulous Cathedral, full of history. A real gem. The choir was practising when we were there. A magical sound track to accompany our tour.”
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
Another said: “We wondered in and despite the on-going building works it is the most impressive cathedral I have seen and marvelled in a while.”
More comments from this family who said: “This was our first visit to this amazing Cathedral. The architecture is absolutely amazing.”
One said: “Visited this week and wasn’t disappointed by the magnificent building, with all its building history and magnificent stained glass.
“The cathedral is beautiful with some of the best Victorian stained glass in the world. What a place!”
One visitor said: “If you are anywhere near Ely then you must visit this place. The whole area around the cathedral is superb. It’s like going back in time.”
Another said: “Very nice cathedral with beautiful stained glass.”
One said: “We arrived on a day when there was a funeral service in progress, so we were limited in where we could go until the service ended and although we had to wait, it was interesting hearing the service and the organ music.”