Ely Cathedral harvest weekend draws hundreds to city
HUNDREDS of people supported the annual harvest festival held at Ely Cathedral at the weekend.
The festival started on Friday with the annual harvest supper in the Lady Chapel, with musical entertainment provided by the Ely Cathedral Octagon Singers.
And, on Saturday and Sunday, there was a Celebration of Cambridgeshire Farming theme, with plenty displays in the cathedral, including livestock, scarecrows, crafts and plenty of produce from the surrounding fenland.
The Harvest Sung Eucharist take place on Sunday and was followed by a harvest songs of praise, with the presentation of harvest gifts.
The festival closed on Monday with the sale of perishable produce at the West End of the cathedral.
You may also want to watch:
All proceeds from the weekend were donated to the Farm Crisis Network and Magpas. All non-perishable gifts will be donated to the Ely Foodbank.
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 3 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 4 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 5 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 6 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 7 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 8 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 9 Superb acting, singing and dancing at KD Theatre musical
- 10 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby