Ever wondered what life is like as an Ely Cathedral Girl Chorister? Programme offers opportunity to girls from ‘all walks of life’
- Credit: Archant
A music programme is offering girls aged between nine and 13 the chance to spend a day in the life of an Ely Cathedral Girl Chorister.
The ‘be a girl chorister for a day’ event is taking place on Saturday, October 20 at King’s Ely and will give the opportunity to young people from “all walks of life”.
The programme of activities will include rehearsals with the current choristers, a tour of the girls’ boarding house and Choral Evensong at the cathedral at 5.30pm.
Sarah MacDonald, choir director, said: “The experience of a cathedral choristership is unparalleled in the training it offers.
“As well as the obvious musical benefits, girls also master key transferable skills such as discipline, teamwork, commitment, authority, confidence, performance and self-presentation.
You may also want to watch:
“All of which will be valued in their time at university and by future employers, and all of which will stay with them for the rest of their lives.
“We hope lots of girls will want to take advantage of this taster day to see whether this wonderful opportunity is right for them.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
Places for ‘Be A Girl Chorister For A Day’ should be booked in advance by contacting Sarah MacDonald at SarahMacdonald@kingsely.org.