Ely Cathedral gets appy with ‘long overdue’ project
- Credit: Archant
Ely Cathedral has launched its first app, offering four unique trails through 1,300 years of worship, art and architecture for free.
The four different trails include a general tour, a children’s tour, the story of Etheldreda and a tour of the monastic precinct.
The app is being brought in thanks to funding from The Friends of Ely Cathedral and York University’s department for Christianity and culture.
Canon Alan Hargrave said: “An Ely Cathedral app is long overdue and has involved the help and expertise of several of our guides who have worked tirelessly on this project.
“With four different apps to choose from, there is something to interest everyone whether you visit this wonderful building as a tourist or pilgrim.”
You may also want to watch:
The Ely Cathedral app can be downloaded free of charge to iPhone’s, iPad’s and is also available for Android or Windows phones and tablets.
An app is software designed to run on smartphones and other mobile devices.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'