Ely Cathedral gets a bumper turn out to hear city’s newest choir on Sunday afternoon
ELY’S newest choir gave its first concert at the weekend in The Lady Chapel of Ely Cathedral.
More than 400 people turned out for Sing! Ely’s first performance is led by musical director Kathryn Rowland.
People queued at the door to see and hear a huge variety of pop and rock hits, as well as songs from popular shows.
Ms Rowland, who has led some of the country’s leading community music programmes, said: “We are completely amazed and delighted with the amount of support we received for our first concert, so thank you to everyone who came along, and to Ely Cathedral too for all their help and support! We look forward to seeing you all again at our next concert!”
Members of the 85-strong choir come from all around Ely and the surrounding villages.
They aim to meet every Thursday to practice for their future performances.
“I wanted Sing! Ely to be a vibrant and uplifting experience, and I can certainly say that it has been,” Ms Rowland said.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 3 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 4 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 5 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 6 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 7 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 10 Coach shocked as girls football idea goes from strength to strength
“Members are full of enthusiasm and their achievements are amazing – I am so proud of them all!”
For more information about Sing! Ely please contact Kathryn Rowland on 01353 662022 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.