Ely Cathedral gets a bumper turn out to hear city’s newest choir on Sunday afternoon
ELY’S newest choir gave its first concert at the weekend in The Lady Chapel of Ely Cathedral.
More than 400 people turned out for Sing! Ely’s first performance is led by musical director Kathryn Rowland.
People queued at the door to see and hear a huge variety of pop and rock hits, as well as songs from popular shows.
Ms Rowland, who has led some of the country’s leading community music programmes, said: “We are completely amazed and delighted with the amount of support we received for our first concert, so thank you to everyone who came along, and to Ely Cathedral too for all their help and support! We look forward to seeing you all again at our next concert!”
Members of the 85-strong choir come from all around Ely and the surrounding villages.
You may also want to watch:
They aim to meet every Thursday to practice for their future performances.
“I wanted Sing! Ely to be a vibrant and uplifting experience, and I can certainly say that it has been,” Ms Rowland said.
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 3 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 4 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 5 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 6 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 7 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 8 Superb acting, singing and dancing at KD Theatre musical
- 9 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 10 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
“Members are full of enthusiasm and their achievements are amazing – I am so proud of them all!”
For more information about Sing! Ely please contact Kathryn Rowland on 01353 662022 or email email@example.com.