Ely Cathedral gets a bumper turn out to hear city’s newest choir on Sunday afternoon
ELY’S newest choir gave its first concert at the weekend in The Lady Chapel of Ely Cathedral.
More than 400 people turned out for Sing! Ely’s first performance is led by musical director Kathryn Rowland.
People queued at the door to see and hear a huge variety of pop and rock hits, as well as songs from popular shows.
Ms Rowland, who has led some of the country’s leading community music programmes, said: “We are completely amazed and delighted with the amount of support we received for our first concert, so thank you to everyone who came along, and to Ely Cathedral too for all their help and support! We look forward to seeing you all again at our next concert!”
Members of the 85-strong choir come from all around Ely and the surrounding villages.
You may also want to watch:
They aim to meet every Thursday to practice for their future performances.
“I wanted Sing! Ely to be a vibrant and uplifting experience, and I can certainly say that it has been,” Ms Rowland said.
- 1 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 2 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 3 Student defies challenges of pandemic to achieve first class degree
- 4 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 5 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 6 Alcohol shoplifter threatened security staff with large blade
- 7 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 8 London man jailed for running drugs line between Cambs and capital
- 9 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 10 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
“Members are full of enthusiasm and their achievements are amazing – I am so proud of them all!”
For more information about Sing! Ely please contact Kathryn Rowland on 01353 662022 or email email@example.com.