Ely Cathedral gets a bumper turn out to hear city’s newest choir on Sunday afternoon
ELY’S newest choir gave its first concert at the weekend in The Lady Chapel of Ely Cathedral.
More than 400 people turned out for Sing! Ely’s first performance is led by musical director Kathryn Rowland.
People queued at the door to see and hear a huge variety of pop and rock hits, as well as songs from popular shows.
Ms Rowland, who has led some of the country’s leading community music programmes, said: “We are completely amazed and delighted with the amount of support we received for our first concert, so thank you to everyone who came along, and to Ely Cathedral too for all their help and support! We look forward to seeing you all again at our next concert!”
Members of the 85-strong choir come from all around Ely and the surrounding villages.
You may also want to watch:
They aim to meet every Thursday to practice for their future performances.
“I wanted Sing! Ely to be a vibrant and uplifting experience, and I can certainly say that it has been,” Ms Rowland said.
- 1 Punch in face leaves man with fractured nose
- 2 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 3 Boy, 14, to wear electronic tag and obey curfew after admitting harassment
- 4 Letters: No praise for Palmer, litter picker success and neglected roads
- 5 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 6 Have your say on Network Rail increasing rail capacity through Ely
- 7 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 8 Firefighters tackle deliberate barn blaze for more than four hours
- 9 Family 'thrilled' as pair's lockdown locks raise charity cash
- 10 Ely City coach excited to return ahead of charity cup farewell
“Members are full of enthusiasm and their achievements are amazing – I am so proud of them all!”
For more information about Sing! Ely please contact Kathryn Rowland on 01353 662022 or email email@example.com.