Ely Cathedral gets a bumper turn out to hear city’s newest choir on Sunday afternoon
ELY’S newest choir gave its first concert at the weekend in The Lady Chapel of Ely Cathedral.
More than 400 people turned out for Sing! Ely’s first performance is led by musical director Kathryn Rowland.
People queued at the door to see and hear a huge variety of pop and rock hits, as well as songs from popular shows.
Ms Rowland, who has led some of the country’s leading community music programmes, said: “We are completely amazed and delighted with the amount of support we received for our first concert, so thank you to everyone who came along, and to Ely Cathedral too for all their help and support! We look forward to seeing you all again at our next concert!”
Members of the 85-strong choir come from all around Ely and the surrounding villages.
They aim to meet every Thursday to practice for their future performances.
“I wanted Sing! Ely to be a vibrant and uplifting experience, and I can certainly say that it has been,” Ms Rowland said.
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 3 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 4 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 5 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 6 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 7 Magpas Air Ambulance doctor, Anne, shortlisted for national award
- 8 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 9 GP practices mark ‘momentous milestone’ in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- 10 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection
“Members are full of enthusiasm and their achievements are amazing – I am so proud of them all!”
For more information about Sing! Ely please contact Kathryn Rowland on 01353 662022 or email email@example.com.