Fond farewell for Ely Cathedral Flower Guild members
- Credit: Archant
Five long-serving members of the Ely Cathedral Flower Guild were thanked for their contribution and service over the years as they step down from the voluntary role.
A spokesman for Ely Cathedral said: “We thank them all for their many years of loyal service and wish them all the very best for the future.
Chairman Judy Wynn, who was among those saying goodbye, said: “The job has been a great team effort, with Mary Foister as my support throughout, Marilyn Crossley as the co-ordinator of the many weddings, and June Nash and Lenny Prigg assisting with their local knowledge and expertise.
“The guild is so blessed to have the creativity of such talented and enthusiastic members, together with the support of local flower clubs including Cambridge, City of Ely, Littleport, Burwell and the Wisbech Arrangers.”
Pauline Furness, who said farewell to the members on social media, wrote: “Nobody has worked harder for the flower guild than June and Lenny.
You may also want to watch:
“They deserve many congratulations for giving many, many hours like many other flower guild volunteers who gave time so generously.”
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 4 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
- 9 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table
- 10 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car