Ely Cathedral Education Centre scoops award.
THE education team at Ely Cathedral that welcomes 9,000 children to the Ship of the Fens each year has scooped an award that recognises their work with youngsters.
The team has been awarded the Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge, a nationally recognised indicator of good quality educational provision outside the classroom environment.
School visits include re-enactments, monastic days, Anglo Saxon days, a Victorian day and mediaeval pilgrimages.
Education officer Jan Munt said: “We hope this award will encourage schools to visit the cathedral, knowing they are going to get a high quality learning experience.”
Canon Alan Hargrave, who heads up education at Ely Cathedral, praised the staff at the education centre: “Jan Munt and her team of volunteer guides, create fantastic educational and spiritual experiences for the 9,000 children and young people who visit Ely Cathedral each year. This is a well deserved affirmation of their outstanding work.”
You may also want to watch:
For further information about school trips and education visits to Ely Cathedral go to www.elycathedral.org
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 5 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 6 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 7 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 10 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening