Ely Cathedral Education Centre scoops award.
THE education team at Ely Cathedral that welcomes 9,000 children to the Ship of the Fens each year has scooped an award that recognises their work with youngsters.
The team has been awarded the Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge, a nationally recognised indicator of good quality educational provision outside the classroom environment.
School visits include re-enactments, monastic days, Anglo Saxon days, a Victorian day and mediaeval pilgrimages.
Education officer Jan Munt said: “We hope this award will encourage schools to visit the cathedral, knowing they are going to get a high quality learning experience.”
Canon Alan Hargrave, who heads up education at Ely Cathedral, praised the staff at the education centre: “Jan Munt and her team of volunteer guides, create fantastic educational and spiritual experiences for the 9,000 children and young people who visit Ely Cathedral each year. This is a well deserved affirmation of their outstanding work.”
For further information about school trips and education visits to Ely Cathedral go to www.elycathedral.org
- 1 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 2 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 3 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?
- 4 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 5 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 8 Branch president left pleasantly surprised thanks to freemasons
- 9 1,800 enjoy free Christmas day out at Ely’s ‘hidden gem’
- 10 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge