Ely Cathedral Christmas Gift & Food Fair returns this week!
- Credit: Archant
Ely Cathedral and local businesses have been busy making preparations for the annual Christmas Gift & Food Fair, which returns to the city this weekend from Thursday 14 to Saturday 16 November.
Now in its eighth year, the event is expected to attract over 16,000 visitors with coach bookings from as far as Leicestershire, The Midlands and the Home Counties.
One of the highlights is a restored Victorian fairground carousel, dating back to 1886, while there will be a mulled wine and fizz bar as well as a selection of gourmet food vendors including Verrechia Crepes, The Raclette Sisters, Norfolk Hog Roast and The Rural Coffee Project.
Several new traders will make up over 100 handpicked stalls located inside the cathedral's medieval nave. These include Dittany Rose (funky jewellery), The Speculating Rook (interior accessories), Hunt and Feather (unusual gifts), and The Bookbinders (contemporary stationary).
The festive food hall will be packed with cheesemongers, distillers of gin, vodka and other winter warmers, specialist charcuteries, chocolatiers and purveyors of jam, pickles, spices and oils.
You may also want to watch:
To book tickets visit www.elycathedral.org or contact the cathedral box office on 01353 660349.
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 10 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success