Ely Cathedral Christmas Concert 2019: More than 400 pupils come together for historic event
- Credit: YouTube/Ely Cathedral
More than 400 pupils came together for a Christmas concert which is now in its 10th year since launching in 2009.
Talented Lantern Community Primary School students filled Ely Cathedral for the annual carol concert on Tuesday, December 17 and performed a number of classics.
Songs included traditional carols such as Away in a Manger, The Holly and the Ivy, We Three Kings and Once in Royal David's City.
David Lawrence, school principal, said: "The concert is the event we all look forward to and a lot of hard work goes in to making it a success.
"I would like to thank all pupils for their dedication in learning the songs and readings which were a joy to watch."
You may also want to watch:
A more modern slant was put on proceedings with numbers including Jingle Bell Rock, Christmas Pudding and Walking in the Air.
There were readers from across all the school's age groups who recited excerpts from the story of the nativity and the popular poem The Night Before Christmas.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation