Ely Cathedral is searching for ‘would be’ choristers to attend open event
- Credit: Archant
Ely Cathedral is inviting local school children to find their singing voice at an event on Saturday January 18 as it searches for ‘would be’ choristers.
'The Chorister Experience' is specifically aimed at boys currently in years two and three. They will take part in musical workshops , interactive games and get the chance to sing Evensong with the famous Cathedral Choir.
Edmund Aldhouse, director of music at Ely Cathedral, said: "We are hoping to hear from boys from across the region who have some talent and enjoy music and singing.
"Our current choristers come from differing schools and backgrounds and we relish the diversity and enthusiasm each boy brings to the choir.
"Being a chorister at Ely can offer some incredible experiences, lifelong friendships and quite a lot of fun ".
You may also want to watch:
For more information including times and the option to register your interest visit www.elycathedral.org/music
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 6 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 7 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 10 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip