Ely Cathedral blooms as it hosts a Jubilee themed flower festival
VISITORS to Ely Cathedral at the weekend were treated to a special Diamond Jubilee themed flower festival.
Organised by members of five local flower clubs, the exhibition featured more than 40 exhibits, with a vast array of blooms on show.
The main theme of the exhibition, staged in the Lady Chapel, was the Queen’s 60 years on the throne, with a new exhibition depicting each decade of her reign.
In the main area of the cathedral, a second exhibition was staged, with the theme being red, white and blue.
Organiser Judy Wynn, a member of Ely and Cambridge Flower Club’s, said: “The exhibition was brilliant, we had comments ranging from breathtaking to magnificent.
You may also want to watch:
“All the exhibitors really enjoyed it and we just love being in the cathedral and doing it so it was a great event all round.”
Members from Littleport, Ely, Burwell, Wisbech and Cambridge Flower Club’s were invited to take part.
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 3 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 4 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 7 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 8 Viewers react to 'brilliant' 24 Hours in Police Custody: Black Widow
- 9 Dad of two killed on Fen road
- 10 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings