Ely Cathedral blooms as it hosts a Jubilee themed flower festival
VISITORS to Ely Cathedral at the weekend were treated to a special Diamond Jubilee themed flower festival.
Organised by members of five local flower clubs, the exhibition featured more than 40 exhibits, with a vast array of blooms on show.
The main theme of the exhibition, staged in the Lady Chapel, was the Queen’s 60 years on the throne, with a new exhibition depicting each decade of her reign.
In the main area of the cathedral, a second exhibition was staged, with the theme being red, white and blue.
Organiser Judy Wynn, a member of Ely and Cambridge Flower Club’s, said: “The exhibition was brilliant, we had comments ranging from breathtaking to magnificent.
You may also want to watch:
“All the exhibitors really enjoyed it and we just love being in the cathedral and doing it so it was a great event all round.”
Members from Littleport, Ely, Burwell, Wisbech and Cambridge Flower Club’s were invited to take part.
- 1 Parish council protests after developers switch care home for homes
- 2 Tea rooms may become a bedsit
- 3 OBE for former King's Ely principal
- 4 Charity shop ‘urgently appealing’ for volunteers after reopening
- 5 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 6 Parish council fails to win vote of confidence
- 7 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 8 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 9 Ely’s most famous cat is back for more adventures
- 10 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her