Charity Walk the Bridge event on Ely Southern Bypass to take place in October
- Credit: Harry Rutter
A unique opportunity to walk the length of the Ely Southern Bypass in aid of charity before it officially opens will take place in October.
The Walk the Bridge event by the Ely branch of Macmillan Cancer Support will see dozens take to the highway to preview the major project and donate to a worthy cause.
The Bypass will ease congestion in and around Ely by providing a new link between Stuntney Causeway and Angel Drove.
Lady Paice, organiser of Walk the Bridge and president of the Ely branch of Macmillan, said: “We are hoping to hold this event the Sunday before it opens to traffic.
“This will be for the people of Ely to raise money and also a fantastic opportunity to see the Cathedral from a different viewpoint.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s going to be from 9am to 12pm and there will be a bucket collection for Macmillan during the mile and a quarter walk.
“It has taken about 20 years to get it built so this is something that we are all looking forward to seeing.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 7 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 8 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 9 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
More details are set to be released in the coming weeks and Lady can be contacted on 01638 721526.