LETTER TO THE EDITOR: A tale of cancelled deliveries and all because butcher not told soon enough of Prince Charles visit
- Credit: Archant
With reference to the visit of Prince Charles to Ely today.
It would have been nice to have been informed of this visit as we have now had to cancel all our deliveries for today.
We were only told of this closure on Saturday, thus impacting on our business.
If we had been advised of this it would not be a problem – the farmers market stalls that are here were told some time ago; we were told on Saturday.
As usual East Cambs Council does not give a stuff about Ely traders.
You may also want to watch:
Bent & Cornwell Quality Meats Ltd.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
24 Market Place