Dozens of Ely businesses put the kettle on for charity as part of Macmillan’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning
- Credit: Archant
Businesses across Ely got in the fundraising spirit last week by doing their part for Macmillan’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning.
Shops and businesses welcomed the public for a hot drink and cake as part of the charity’s annual fundraising event in their bid to tackle cancer.
Among those to put their kettles on were the Lemon Tree Deli, Inheritance Legal, Labour Tech, Johnsons Cleaners and East Cambridgeshire District Council’s planning department – and all were snapped by photographer Mike Rouse on Thurday (September 29).
Staff at Nellie’s Community Café in Sutton raised £771.44 by holding their coffee morning.
Helen, of Nellie’s, said: “We would like to thank everyone who attended the event, donated cakes or prizes and all of those who helped on the day.”
You may also want to watch:
Macmillan’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning is the charity’s biggest fundraising event, with almost £30 million raised last year.
The first ever event was held in 1990 and since then it has raised over £165.5 million for Macmillan.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
• For more information, visit www.coffee.macmillan.org.uk.