Hampers stocked with Christmas goodies raffled off at Celebration of Business event in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Businesses from across Ely were recognised at a special event in the heart of the city as luxury treats were raffled off to the public.
More than 500 entries were received for Christmas hampers – which were donated by various businesses – and an extra £1,000 raised for children’s hospice EACH from recycling company Ellgia.
Hampers included a selection of Christmas goodies, ranging from wine to chocolate, and were all donated by 50 Ely businesses.
A Celebration of Business was held at Poets House last night.
Tracey Harding, tourism manager at Visit Ely, said: “It was a really great night from an idea that Ellgia had originally came up with and we decided to get behind it.
You may also want to watch:
“All the businesses had donated the prizes and there was additional memorabilia that got rafflied off on the night which raised £1,000 for EACH on the night.
“The clear message is to support local businesses and shop local this Christmas.”
- 1 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 2 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 6 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 7 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 8 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
- 9 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
Winners of hampers will be contacted over the next five days with details on how to collect them.