Ely breast cancer survivor Ruth fronts Addenbrooke’s Hospital’s Breast Cancer Appeal
- Credit: Archant
An Ely woman who beat breast cancer is fronting a new campaign by Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
Ruth New was diagnosed with grade three breast cancer shortly after the birth of her first son, Alexander.
She had a mastectomy the day after the 30th birthday and 10 years on is celebrating her 40th by fundraising for the Addenbrooke’s Breast Cancer Appeal.
She said: “Without the support, care and understanding of the amazing breast care team at Addenbrooke’s Hospital, I never would have thought having my second child, William, would be possible.
“I want to say thank by raising funds to support future patients like me.”
You may also want to watch:
Addenbrooke’s appeal asks people to host parties for family, friends and colleagues this October to raise money to transform care for cancer patients.
For more information, or to apply for a party pack, which include banners, balloons and invitations, visit www.act4addenbrookes.org.uk/ABCappeal, call 01223 217757 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound