Ely Royal British Legion plans RAF Wyton trip to visit Pathfinder Collection
- Credit: Archant
The City of Ely Royal British Legion is planning a trip to RAF Wyton to visit the Pathfinder Collection on Sunday April 8.
The Pathfinder Collection at Wyton is devoted to the ‘Number 8 Pathfinder Group’, a highly specialised force dedicated to target-marking for the Bomber Command.
Its crews acted not only as target-markers, but as guides and leaders on the long routes to the targets.
The group will visit:
The RAF Wyton History Timeline - this covers the history of RAF Wyton from its beginnings as a Royal Flying Corps station in 1916 to its present use as the HQ Joint Forces Intelligence Group.
The Photo Reconnaissance Collection - this collection was previously the Joint Air Reconnaissance Centre (JARIC) History Collection formerly housed at RAF Brampton and recently expanded to cover all aspect of photo reconnaissance/imagery intelligence.
The Path Finder Collection - this is the most comprehensive collection of RAF Path Finder Force memorabilia which was started in 1996 and has grown considerably over the years.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Police take a tough stance as begging crackdown continues
- 3 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 4 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 5 ‘Wonderful’ Thanksgiving Evensong as Archdeacon steps down from role after 17 years
- 6 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 7 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 8 Latino 'feeling' comes together for South American venue on launch night
- 9 Ely by-election after death of 'marvellous' parish councillor
- 10 Detached home in tranquil riverside setting on sale for £750,000
The trip will depart from Ely at 12pm and costs £10 each. All branch members are welcome to attend.
For more information email: email@example.com or call 07533 593848.