Ely Royal British Legion plans RAF Wyton trip to visit Pathfinder Collection
- Credit: Archant
The City of Ely Royal British Legion is planning a trip to RAF Wyton to visit the Pathfinder Collection on Sunday April 8.
The Pathfinder Collection at Wyton is devoted to the ‘Number 8 Pathfinder Group’, a highly specialised force dedicated to target-marking for the Bomber Command.
Its crews acted not only as target-markers, but as guides and leaders on the long routes to the targets.
The group will visit:
The RAF Wyton History Timeline - this covers the history of RAF Wyton from its beginnings as a Royal Flying Corps station in 1916 to its present use as the HQ Joint Forces Intelligence Group.
You may also want to watch:
The Photo Reconnaissance Collection - this collection was previously the Joint Air Reconnaissance Centre (JARIC) History Collection formerly housed at RAF Brampton and recently expanded to cover all aspect of photo reconnaissance/imagery intelligence.
The Path Finder Collection - this is the most comprehensive collection of RAF Path Finder Force memorabilia which was started in 1996 and has grown considerably over the years.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 7 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 8 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
The trip will depart from Ely at 12pm and costs £10 each. All branch members are welcome to attend.
For more information email: email@example.com or call 07533 593848.