Ely branch of Sainsbury’s to offer advice on healthy eating and exercise next week
- Credit: Archant
A supermarket in Ely is offering shoppers the chance to learn about healthy eating and exercise to mark Dietician’s Week.
Sainsbury’s, on Lisle Lane, is roll out a number of sessions throughout next week to enlighten shoppers on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle through diet changes.
Each day of the week-long event will take on a different theme, beginning with a ‘food and mood’ session on Monday June 6.
On Friday June 10, dieticians from the Cambridge and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust (CPFT) will be on hand to offer advice on workspace health, which is this year’s theme.
A range of British Dietitian Association (BDA) food facts sheets and CPFT diet sheets will be available and as this year it coincides with National Carers Week.
You may also want to watch:
Joanne Dalrymple-Smith, Advanced Community Dietitian, CPFT, said: “There’s strong evidence that supporting regular eating patterns and a quality diet for workers can improve overall wellness, drive productivity and reduce sickness absence, which links to the BDA’s Work Ready campaign. So we’ll be at the store to offer advice and highlight the work and worth of dieticians”.
The daily themes are as follows:
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 8 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 9 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 10 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
• Food and mood – Monday (6).
• Healthy meetings – Tuesday (7)
• Protecting your lunch hour – Wednesday (8)
• Hydration – Thursday (9)
• Food and movement – Friday (10)
The week also includes a range of national awareness raising and political events throughout the UK which promote the profession and the impact of dietetic practice on the health of the nation, including a visit to the House of Lords.
For more information about the BDA go to www.bda.co.uk and its Work Ready campaign at www.bdaworkready.co.uk.