Ely band gearing up for string of gigs including show at Cambridge Junction
- Credit: Archant
An Ely band is gearing up for a string of gigs this month – including a show at the Cambridge Junction.
TANTRIS, consisting of singer-songwriter/musician Tristan, lead guitarist/backing vocalist Marcus, bass guitarist Jack and drummer James, come from Ely and villages in Cambridgeshire.
The band formed in 2015 when singer-songwriter Tristan placed an advert on
social media looking to form a band. Marcus and Adam applied and knew of a friend Jack who would be interested too.
The alternative/indie/rock band is influenced by bands and artists including the Arctic Monkeys, Pulp, The Smiths, Blossoms, Jimmy Hendrix and Led Zeppelin.
You may also want to watch:
The name ‘TANTRIS’ comes from the romantic love story about Tristan & Isolde and the band plan to release their debut album this summer, which will feature art work from local artists.
They will play at The Grapes in Bury St Edmunds this Saturday, February 3 and at The Herewood in Ely on February 9.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 3 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 8 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
They will then play a headline show at The Junction in Cambridge on February 16. Tickets are £5 and can either be purchased from the band or the venue’s website.
Tristan said: ““We have set a goal on aiming to achieve a top 10 indie hit and it is our dream to play at Glastonbury festival.
“In the future we would love to play on ‘The Jools Holland Show’ or ‘The Johnathon Ross Show’.
Some of their achievements so far include headlining the J1 stage at the Cambridge Junction, supporting The Stranglers at The Palace in Somersham and playing alongside Rag N Bone Man’s dad Anthony John Graham at The Albion in Gorleston, Great Yarmouth.
They have also played at the Strawberry Fair in Cambridge, Houghton and Wyton Music Festival and headlined Picnic in the Park music festival in Somersham.
Later in the year they will perform at The Fiddler’s Elbow in Camden, London, and The B1 in Norwich. To see their full touring schedule go to www.facebook.com/Tantrismusic/