Baby bank receives ‘generous’ cash donation from supermarket
- Credit: Ely Baby Bank
A baby bank in Ely has received a much-needed donation from the city’s Waitrose store, in hopes they can continue to support families with nappies and milk.
The volunteer-led Ely Baby Bank received a £333 donation on Monday (June 28) as part of Waitrose’s ‘Give A Little Love Scheme’.
Cilla Palmer, a founding member of the bank, attended the store to collect their voucher, which will also be used for other baby essentials.
She said: “It really is donations like this that allow us to continue to support our community.
“We rely on the generosity of local people and organisations to continue to support us with donations.”
You may also want to watch:
Ely Baby Bank welcomes local families with everything they need for babies under one, completely free of charge.
For more information, or if you would like to get involved, visit the Ely Baby Bank page on Facebook.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident