Ely author to republish Life and Memories
- Credit: Archant
An author from Ely is to re-publish his first book, Life and Memories.
Ray Cross, of Fairfax Court, was born and raised locally and was once head groundsman at the King’s School in Ely.
“He has many fond memories of his life in the Fens, many of which he shares in his book,” says Burrows Bookshop publisher Susan Harrison.
“Life and Memories was very popular locally and sold very quickly.
“We’re thrilled that people are still interested and asking for copies. We’ve only re-printed a small number, so people will have to be quick grab one, but for anyone who is interested in local people and their memories, this is a lovely read.”
You may also want to watch:
Life and Memories by Ray Cross is available from Burrows Bookshop, Ely High Street Passage; £7.99, limited stock.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut