Ely author’s debut novel set for release
- Credit: Archant
An author from Ely is celebrating the release of her debut novel.
Natasha Pulley’s new fantasy thriller, The Watchmaker of Filigree Street, is set in Victorian London and takes readers on a journey into a strange world which blends historical events with flights of fantasy.
The book centres on Thaniel Steepleton, whose life is transformed when he returns to his small London flat to find his lock picked and a gold pocket watch on his pillow.
Author Pulley studied English literature at Oxford University and has worked as a bookseller in Waterstones and as a publishing assistant at Cambridge University Press.
After studying for a degree in creative writing at the University of East Anglia, she spent time in Japan before returning to live in Ely and begin work on her career as an author.
You may also want to watch:
The book is set for release on July 2 and is published by Bloomsbury. Copies are available in hardback and as an e-book.
Ms Pulley will be at Topping and Company, in High Street, Ely, to talk about her new book on July 14. The event starts at 7.30pm. For tickets, and more information, call 01353 645005.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour