Ely author’s debut novel set for release
- Credit: Archant
An author from Ely is celebrating the release of her debut novel.
Natasha Pulley’s new fantasy thriller, The Watchmaker of Filigree Street, is set in Victorian London and takes readers on a journey into a strange world which blends historical events with flights of fantasy.
The book centres on Thaniel Steepleton, whose life is transformed when he returns to his small London flat to find his lock picked and a gold pocket watch on his pillow.
Author Pulley studied English literature at Oxford University and has worked as a bookseller in Waterstones and as a publishing assistant at Cambridge University Press.
After studying for a degree in creative writing at the University of East Anglia, she spent time in Japan before returning to live in Ely and begin work on her career as an author.
The book is set for release on July 2 and is published by Bloomsbury. Copies are available in hardback and as an e-book.
Ms Pulley will be at Topping and Company, in High Street, Ely, to talk about her new book on July 14. The event starts at 7.30pm. For tickets, and more information, call 01353 645005.
- 1 Izzy, 16, bids to kickstart female football revolution with new team
- 2 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 3 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 4 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 5 Gay tweet pastor claims 'constructive dismissal' as school caretaker
- 6 War veteran, Freddie, marks 100th birthday
- 7 Unearthed treasures to be displayed outside British Museum for first time
- 8 Community group ‘hoping for success’ with opening of new cinema
- 9 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 10 Father accused of baby girl's murder had a 'short temper'