Ely author releases a brand new novel
- Credit: Archant
Ely author Mary Nichols has released a new book, A Different World.
The novel, published by Allison and Busby, is set during the Second World War and focuses on the relationships of four people, thrown into turmoil by the outbreak and war.
Teacher Louise Fairhurst and her pupils find themselves evacuated from the East End of London to Cottlesham, in Norfolk, where she meets Jan Grabowski, a Polish Air Force pilot forced to flee his country after the Nazi invasion.
Meanwhile, in Poland, Jan’s wife, Rulka, a nurse, fights the occupation with the Polish Resistance and finds herself supported in her struggle by a British prisoner of war.
The book is available from Topping and Company, in High Street, Ely, priced £7.99. It is also available as an e-book.
You may also want to watch:
Mary wrote her first novel when she was just 15 but delayed her passion for getting her work published until her children were at school, when she joined the Cambridge Writers Circle.
She continued to have short pieces published in magazines and periodicals up until 1981 when her first novel was published by Robert Hale, with nine more following in the next five years.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
She had an historical romance novel published by Mills and Boon in 1985 and she has continued to have her work published by the famous publishing house since.
INFO: to find out more, visit www.marynichols.co.uk.