Ely author releases a brand new novel
- Credit: Archant
Ely author Mary Nichols has released a new book, A Different World.
The novel, published by Allison and Busby, is set during the Second World War and focuses on the relationships of four people, thrown into turmoil by the outbreak and war.
Teacher Louise Fairhurst and her pupils find themselves evacuated from the East End of London to Cottlesham, in Norfolk, where she meets Jan Grabowski, a Polish Air Force pilot forced to flee his country after the Nazi invasion.
Meanwhile, in Poland, Jan’s wife, Rulka, a nurse, fights the occupation with the Polish Resistance and finds herself supported in her struggle by a British prisoner of war.
The book is available from Topping and Company, in High Street, Ely, priced £7.99. It is also available as an e-book.
Mary wrote her first novel when she was just 15 but delayed her passion for getting her work published until her children were at school, when she joined the Cambridge Writers Circle.
She continued to have short pieces published in magazines and periodicals up until 1981 when her first novel was published by Robert Hale, with nine more following in the next five years.
- 1 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 2 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 3 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 4 Baby murder trial hears mother joked tot self-harmed
- 5 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 6 Man subjected to 'unprovoked attack' at village pavilion
- 7 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 8 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 9 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 10 Poet, Jo, shares poem in memory of sister to mark World Cancer Day
She had an historical romance novel published by Mills and Boon in 1985 and she has continued to have her work published by the famous publishing house since.
INFO: to find out more, visit www.marynichols.co.uk.