‘Expect to shed a tear’ after reading Fen author John Taylor’s latest book ‘I Will Find You’
- Credit: Archant
An east Cambridgeshire author has released his debut novel which is said to tell a “colourful, poignant and moving” Fenland wartime story.
John Taylor of Littleport has released ‘I Will Find You’, a tale of mystery and intrigue which starts in the Fens and moves across the globe to Australia.
Mr Taylor said: “The story is colourful, poignant and moving as it charts the journey of young Robbie Spalding and his path from a home in Cambridge to a new life on the other side of the world.
“Robbie becomes Nick Thorne and this account of his arrival into adulthood is more than a little tragic and filled with unexpected twists and turns.
“Touching, funny, sad and filled with drama, I will find you is an authentic and pacey read, gripping and compelling, and will certainly keep the readers’ attention until the last page is turned.
You may also want to watch:
“Expect to shed a tear for the casualties of war.”
Mr Taylor was born in Ely in 1944 and raised in Littleport; he has been married to Elisabeth for 44 years and has three adult children.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on
He has worked in 20 different countries and lived in England, Switzerland, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and Australia. He now calls Cambridge home.
For more information, visit: www.austinmacauley.com/book/i-will-find-you