Ely author celebrates launch of new book
- Credit: Archant
ELY author, historian and councillor Michael Rouse celebrated the publication of his latest book, The Ghosts of Fens End with a signing session in Burrows Bookshop on Thursday.
The Ghosts of Fens End is the follow up to Cllr Rouse’s popular first instalment Fens End, released in 2012.
Annabel Reddick, of Burrows Bookshop, said: ““During the day, Mike signed numerous copies of his new book for people who have been waiting with baited breath since the publication of the first book in the series, Fens End.”
Fens End and The Ghosts of Fens End combine local history and Fenland folklore with fiction to tell the story of a young girl finding her roots in a small, Fenland community and have proven to be equally as popular with both children and adults.
Mike’s editor and publisher Susan Harrison added: “We were thrilled with how the whole day panned out, introducing Mike’s work to new customers as well as to some of our favourite regulars.”
You may also want to watch:
Copies of the book, published by SHBB Publishing, are available from Burrows Bookshop, in High Street Passage. To order your copy, contact Burrows on 01353 669759. Price £6.99.
- 1 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 5 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 6 Man named following fatal collision
- 7 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 8 Councillor Bill, 75, says Covid-19 jab was 'perfect'
- 9 Skipper eyes plans to go one better for village cricketers
- 10 Green light for off-licence despite objections