Ely author celebrates launch of new book
- Credit: Archant
ELY author, historian and councillor Michael Rouse celebrated the publication of his latest book, The Ghosts of Fens End with a signing session in Burrows Bookshop on Thursday.
The Ghosts of Fens End is the follow up to Cllr Rouse’s popular first instalment Fens End, released in 2012.
Annabel Reddick, of Burrows Bookshop, said: ““During the day, Mike signed numerous copies of his new book for people who have been waiting with baited breath since the publication of the first book in the series, Fens End.”
Fens End and The Ghosts of Fens End combine local history and Fenland folklore with fiction to tell the story of a young girl finding her roots in a small, Fenland community and have proven to be equally as popular with both children and adults.
Mike’s editor and publisher Susan Harrison added: “We were thrilled with how the whole day panned out, introducing Mike’s work to new customers as well as to some of our favourite regulars.”
Copies of the book, published by SHBB Publishing, are available from Burrows Bookshop, in High Street Passage. To order your copy, contact Burrows on 01353 669759. Price £6.99.
- 1 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 2 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 3 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 4 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 5 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 8 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 9 New cycling and walking routes strategy approved by council
- 10 Branch president left pleasantly surprised thanks to freemasons