Ely author celebrates launch of new book
- Credit: Archant
ELY author, historian and councillor Michael Rouse celebrated the publication of his latest book, The Ghosts of Fens End with a signing session in Burrows Bookshop on Thursday.
The Ghosts of Fens End is the follow up to Cllr Rouse’s popular first instalment Fens End, released in 2012.
Annabel Reddick, of Burrows Bookshop, said: ““During the day, Mike signed numerous copies of his new book for people who have been waiting with baited breath since the publication of the first book in the series, Fens End.”
Fens End and The Ghosts of Fens End combine local history and Fenland folklore with fiction to tell the story of a young girl finding her roots in a small, Fenland community and have proven to be equally as popular with both children and adults.
Mike’s editor and publisher Susan Harrison added: “We were thrilled with how the whole day panned out, introducing Mike’s work to new customers as well as to some of our favourite regulars.”
You may also want to watch:
Copies of the book, published by SHBB Publishing, are available from Burrows Bookshop, in High Street Passage. To order your copy, contact Burrows on 01353 669759. Price £6.99.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 4 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 5 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 6 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 7 Prosecuted drone pilot breached Civil Aviation Authority regulations
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 10 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.