Local author publishes book about Ely, eels and ducks
- Credit: Archant
An Ely author has published a children’s book all about the city, eels and ducks.
‘Muscovy and Eeli Explore Ely’ is Karen Merrison’s first book but she already has plans to release a second in the series by the end of the year.
The illustrated story, which includes local places, people, animals and myths, is aimed at educating children about Ely and the surrounding area.
Karen said: “I love Ely and I wanted to write something for young children which would help teach them about our lovely city.
“As an animal lover, I chose to use Muscovy Duck and Eeli the Eel as my main characters to portray some of the wonderful things we have in Ely through their eyes.”
You may also want to watch:
Tracey Harding, manager at Visit Ely, said: “It has been a pleasure to work with Karen on her book over the past year.
“We are delighted that it highlights our great city and in particular involves an eel as one of the main characters.”
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 4 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 5 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 6 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 7 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 8 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 9 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 10 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
Copie are available at the Gift Shop at Ely Tourist Information Centre priced at £4.99.