Local author publishes book about Ely, eels and ducks
- Credit: Archant
An Ely author has published a children’s book all about the city, eels and ducks.
‘Muscovy and Eeli Explore Ely’ is Karen Merrison’s first book but she already has plans to release a second in the series by the end of the year.
The illustrated story, which includes local places, people, animals and myths, is aimed at educating children about Ely and the surrounding area.
Karen said: “I love Ely and I wanted to write something for young children which would help teach them about our lovely city.
“As an animal lover, I chose to use Muscovy Duck and Eeli the Eel as my main characters to portray some of the wonderful things we have in Ely through their eyes.”
You may also want to watch:
Tracey Harding, manager at Visit Ely, said: “It has been a pleasure to work with Karen on her book over the past year.
“We are delighted that it highlights our great city and in particular involves an eel as one of the main characters.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 7 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 8 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
Copie are available at the Gift Shop at Ely Tourist Information Centre priced at £4.99.