Local author publishes book about Ely, eels and ducks
- Credit: Archant
An Ely author has published a children’s book all about the city, eels and ducks.
‘Muscovy and Eeli Explore Ely’ is Karen Merrison’s first book but she already has plans to release a second in the series by the end of the year.
The illustrated story, which includes local places, people, animals and myths, is aimed at educating children about Ely and the surrounding area.
Karen said: “I love Ely and I wanted to write something for young children which would help teach them about our lovely city.
“As an animal lover, I chose to use Muscovy Duck and Eeli the Eel as my main characters to portray some of the wonderful things we have in Ely through their eyes.”
Tracey Harding, manager at Visit Ely, said: “It has been a pleasure to work with Karen on her book over the past year.
“We are delighted that it highlights our great city and in particular involves an eel as one of the main characters.”
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 3 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 4 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 5 Ely Heroes winner, Alison, attends royal garden party after three-year wait
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 Pupils ensure 'Eel-izabeth' comes to life for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 'It's a gem of an untold story' - Ely author, Ellee shares new novel
- 9 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 10 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
Copie are available at the Gift Shop at Ely Tourist Information Centre priced at £4.99.