Ely Auctioneers Wants More Garish Waistcoats
AN auctioneer who puts his garish waistcoats under the hammer for charity is appealing for help after his supply has started to run out. David Palmer, from Ely, is a charity auctioneer whose signature is his distinctive waistcoats which he wears when put
AN auctioneer who puts his garish waistcoats under the hammer for charity is appealing for help after his supply has started to run out.
David Palmer, from Ely, is a charity auctioneer whose signature is his distinctive waistcoats which he wears when putting items under the hammer. David manages auctions all over the country and it has become customary for him to sell his waistcoats as the last lot of the day.
David has so far managed to raise £450 from the auctions thanks to the generosity of bidders. In order to keep the tradition running, however, he is asking for help from Ely Standard readers as he is all but out of waistcoats.
"I would like to continue being able to raise money through my waistcoats and if people are willing to donate them, whatever the shape, size or colour, I will be more than happy to have them altered so that I can put them to good causes."
You may also want to watch:
INFO: Anyone interested in donating a waistcoat can drop them off at the Ely Standard, 38 Market Street, Ely.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
Photo: HELEN DRAKE.