Viva Soham hoping to tour national drama festivals with latest performance ‘God of Carnage’
- Credit: Archant
Soham-based theatre group Viva Arts and Community Group will be performing ‘God of Carnage’ as its latest entry to drama festivals around the UK.
God of Carnage is a play by Yasmina Reza about two sets of parents, one of who’s children has hurt the other at the park. The parents meet to discuss the matter. However, as the evening goes on, the parents become increasingly childish, resulting in an evening of chaos.
Sarah Dowd-Crosby, director said: “The group are doing an amazing job. They are an exceptional group of actors that are working so hard to perfect this very intense and emotional show.”
The group are performing at the Wellington Drama Festival this Saturday (November 4) and if they do well they will continue on the road to the regional and national festivals.
Viva was host to a free open rehearsal of the show for friends and family or anyone who wanted to see the group’s progress this Sunday (October 29).
You may also want to watch:
The group have already won various awards last year for their previous production of ‘Educating Rita’. They won Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Play and Overall Winner of Wellington Festival.
The cast includes Rob Barton, Kerry Hibbert, Rowan Maulder and Jenny Tayler-Surridge.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
Visit www.viva-group.org.uk/ for more information.