‘50 Years, a celebration!’ exhibition is at Ely’s Old Fire Engine House until July 8
- Credit: Archant
Ely’s version of the Royal Academy Summer Show is at The Old Fire Engine House until July 8.
Four pieces by David Remfry RA and Christopher Marvell, exhibitors at the Royal Academy, form part of the exhibition alongside 100 other artists.
David Remfry has been given the honour of hanging a room in this year’s RA 250th Summer Show which is curated by Grayson Perry.
‘50 Years, a celebration!’ features new and retrospective works from artists who have exhibited at The Old Fire Engine House in Ely since it’s opening in 1968.
The show includes painting, sculpture, ceramics, textiles, mixed media and photography from artists including Shirley Felts, Robin Boyd, Julia Ball and popular local artist Anthony Day.
You may also want to watch:
With her husband Michael, Ann Jarman has curated the exhibition, which she describes as “a wonderful celebration for everyone who has supported us over the last 50 years; staff, artists and customers, some of whom have been with us from the very beginning”.
The exhibition will hang throughout two floors, both gallery spaces and the garden and entry is free.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
For more information about the gallery and restaurant visit www.theoldfireenginehouse.co.uk