‘50 Years, a celebration!’ exhibition is at Ely’s Old Fire Engine House until July 8
- Credit: Archant
Ely’s version of the Royal Academy Summer Show is at The Old Fire Engine House until July 8.
Four pieces by David Remfry RA and Christopher Marvell, exhibitors at the Royal Academy, form part of the exhibition alongside 100 other artists.
David Remfry has been given the honour of hanging a room in this year’s RA 250th Summer Show which is curated by Grayson Perry.
‘50 Years, a celebration!’ features new and retrospective works from artists who have exhibited at The Old Fire Engine House in Ely since it’s opening in 1968.
The show includes painting, sculpture, ceramics, textiles, mixed media and photography from artists including Shirley Felts, Robin Boyd, Julia Ball and popular local artist Anthony Day.
With her husband Michael, Ann Jarman has curated the exhibition, which she describes as “a wonderful celebration for everyone who has supported us over the last 50 years; staff, artists and customers, some of whom have been with us from the very beginning”.
The exhibition will hang throughout two floors, both gallery spaces and the garden and entry is free.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 4 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 5 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 8 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 9 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 10 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
For more information about the gallery and restaurant visit www.theoldfireenginehouse.co.uk